Monday 25 April 2011

Dear Anonymous

Didn't your mother ever teach you "if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all"? It seems not!

This constructive and well thought out comment was posted to my entry A lesson in Respect early this morning:

Perhaps if you didn't pose in your underwear on your blog. There is a direct correlation between slimeballs and sluts. If you command respect with your "inner attitude" they don't dare disrespect you By Anonymous on A lesson in respect! at 05:48
Here's the deal, if you are going to post a comment calling someone (me) a slut at least have the balls to use your name. You are nothing but an uneducated coward. And I hate to break it to you but there is a direct correlation between stupidity and being an asshole.

First off, when providing feedback on someones page perhaps you should do a little background work, no pun intended. The woman in my background image, while very beautiful and thank you for the comparison, is not me. And excuse me for a moment while I defend her image. Just because a woman chooses to pose in some cute lil skivvies does not make her a slut. What a ridiculous suggestion.

Are we now saying that every person who ever modeled in a racy Calvin Klein, Gucci or Chanel ad is also a slut?
Of course we wouldn't say that, they are being PAID to do that work.

How about anyone who ever modelled for an artistic sculpture?? Are they a slut?


Of course not! Because its artistic!

So why, would this girl in my background shot be labeled a slut? Its a true shame that a woman who has the confidence to wear anything is labeled in such a negative way. And let me be very clear! I am a confident woman and if I decide to take a photo of myself, for my blog, and prance around in my panties, then I'm going to do it. I'm a big kid now and can make my own decisions.

Come to whatever opinion you choose, because much like my opinions on here, you are entitled to them.

Now that I've wasted precious moments of my life putting "anonymous" in their place let me finish with one last comment for both anonymous and anyone else who is still reading.

Stop being jealous of people around you who are successful. Those who succeed in life, bust their asses to be that way. They don't sit around all day posting useless comments on other peoples efforts. Try one day to get off your ass and do something to better your life. Volunteer, head to the gym, help someone with their groceries, hell!, get a manicure for all I care. When you stop focusing on how other peoples lives are better than yours, and stop trying to cut them down to make yourself feel better, you'll realize great things can happen to you too!

One very final thought... directed at Anonymous. Thank you for taking the time to post your comment, it wont be deleted. It will remain on my page to remind me that even those who didn't have something nice to say still made the effort to visit my page, read what I have to say and respond. Its unfortunate that you view life through such a narrow mind, I hope you will one day broaden your opinions enough to receive some of life's true pleasures.

Signed sincerely,
A woman who likes to prance around in panties and push up bras, because she can.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what else to say, other than - Well Said!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where as I completely agree that posing as such does not indicate that you are a slut, unfortunately it is a completely different thing to expect the general male population to understand the difference between confidence and being a slut. Unfortunately posting pictures of this nature will most likely result in people having a preconceived notion of who you are as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing.... "anonymous" is u-g-l-y... or at least feels u-g-l-y and insecure because: jealousy makes you NASTY! lol.
    And what a laugh... I laughed so hard when I found out it wasn't even YOU, Niki, in the photo.
    About "preconceived notions of who you are"... well do we really care what people preconceive? No. Why not? Because people who make up their minds that you are a slut based on a "preconceived" notion, are obviously narrow minded, judgemental people. GOOD people, the people whose opinions we should care about, are the people who KNOW us, through and through- I would trust their opinions, because their opinions are based on much more than just an outward appearance.
    oh, and "anonymous'- obviously a coward if you can't say your name.

    - Jani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our society is so obsessed with it's labels that we forget that they are just that...LABELS. Labels are relative. Relative to TODAYS attitudes. We also have to remember that there is an obvious double standard for men and women. (a double standard that I personally do not believe in, but recognize it nontheless). Unfortunately attitudes are negative and more lower for women. Men are aggressive, so they're strong, yet a women who shows strength is a bitch. Men might be known for their "casanova" behaviour, so they are studs, but the same type of behaviour for a women would label her a slut. These attitudes are something that we have been programmed by society. Some of us believe it, some of us not, but with openess to change and self reflection can be changed at anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the feedback! Keep it coming. So great to see some well thought out comments and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will not remain Anonymous...my name is Richard Woods, and I would like to thank the Anonymous commenter above who puts the general male population in one category that believes that because a girl dresses provocatively, she must be 'slut.' Thank you for outdated point of view, and for making women believe they shouldn't feel or be comfortable in doing/feeling/saying what they want to. I admire and respect the confidence that many women display when they choose modeling or acting as a career, especially considering the narrow minded thoughts and opinions from people such as yourself, that continue perpetuate stereotypes. Thank you for holding us back!

    ReplyDelete