Thursday 23 January 2014

Week 26: No More Cheese Before Bed

Quick Recap: Slight mental breakdown. Itchy tummy. Good energy level. Passed my Glucose Tolerance Test with flying colours!

Peanut's Progression:  14 inches long. 1.75 lbs. Can detect light. Eyes starting to open.

I've made huge strides in the confidence department over the past several weeks but everyone once in a while the weight issue sneaks back up and rears its ugly head. I track my weight weekly (when I remember to) and for the past 3 weeks I've been steady around 143lbs. Then this week I jumped to 147lbs. That was the catalyst for the anxiety train.

A normal range for weight gain at the END OF PREGNANCY is 25 to 35 pounds. I have 3 1/2 months left and I'm up 22lbs. What the shit!? The logic in my mind is as follows:

5 1/2 months in... still A LOT of growing left to do... Wiggles is only 1 1/2 pounds and is no where near big enough... please tell me I just have extra amniotic fluid or my placenta is heavier... 

After my mental breakdown I felt an immense amount of guilt for my lack of clean eating. I've been indulging whenever I feel like it and NOT going to the gym. I text Steve a dangerous text... "Be honest... have I been eating terribly?" Thankfully he knows full well that I don't actually want honestly, I want reassurance. So we have teamed up to take responsibility for our laziness when it comes to prepping meals. I've already eaten more veggies in 2 days that I have in at least a week!

Don't Scratch, Don't Scratch.... Ahhhhh I have toooo!

OMG is my belly ever itchy this week! I keep a small container of body butter in my purse for when my stomach feels tighter and it does tend to help with some of the discomfort but I just can't shake the itch this time. For whatever reason its all right around my belly button too. Not to mention these stupid red bumps that keep popping up on my belly. Like HELLOOOO I'm hoping to rock a bikini in Mexico, doesn't my skin know that I would like a blemish free belly!?

Any tips for an itchy tummy?

Lazy Baby Freakout

For the first time I had a minor anxiety attack because the baby wasn't moving as much as it usually does. Now that the baby's movements are very clear and easily felt I am noticing normal patterns. It's unusual for me to go more than 2 hours or so without feeling some sort of wiggle or kick. Sunday must have indeed been a lazy one for our lil Peanut because my goodness that baby hardly moved an inch! I spent A LOT of time poking the proverbial bear to try and get it to move. There were some small adjustments but nothing like usual. I actually found myself waking up in the middle of the night trying to see if the baby was moving.

Thankfully Monday morning brought the usual acrobatics from our little one.

No More Cheese Before Bed

Ok I know weird dreams are normal during pregnancy but could someone kindly help me get rid of these nightly nightmares!? Saturday night the only dreams I remember were all nightmares. 4 OF THEM! Sunday night same deal. Get a load of this beauty I had:

I am in the hospital and have given birth but realize that I have no idea where the baby is and whether we had a boy or girl. Somehow I end up in the baby's room in our condo and see the baby sleeping (definitely a solid 6 months old). We have created the worlds ugliest baby. EVER! And to top it off our child was born with a thumb and 3 fingers, on incredibly swollen and large hands. A nurse appears beside me and advises me not to touch my childs hands as they will give me cancer until he gets a bit older. I leave the baby in the crib and find Steve outside playing basketball and tell him we had a boy and that he is really ugly with HUGE hands. I wake up.

W....T....F...

No comments:

Post a Comment