Friday 28 February 2014

Week 30 & 31: Finally Loving my Junk in the Trunk

Quick Recap: Up 35lbs Ugggggghhhh.... Good energy levels. Skin is clear! No stretch marks. Faaaat feet/ankles. Pelvis pain is improving. More patient and relaxed than I've ever been.

Peanut's Progression: 16 inches long. 3lbs 5oz. About the weight of a coconut. Getting fatter and less wrinkly every day. Loves to push it's lil feet into my ribs and sides.

And In This Corner, Weighing In At...

Now at 31 weeks pregnant, I've reached the top end of where I should be for weight gain for my entire pregnancy. 2 months left and I've hit the 160lbs mark. Honestly all I can do is laugh now, and that's exactly what I do. We spent the last week in Mexico and I thoroughly enjoyed the food. I wouldn't describe it as excessive but I sure didn't deny myself the desserts. I knew full well that coming back I would have put on weight so jumping on the scale I wasn't all that surprised. 6 pounds in 7 days. What's that doctor? I'm supposed to gain 1 pound per WEEK? You sure its not per DAY!?

Honestly though, at this point what can I really do. I'm not about to "diet" and try to maintain this weight or lose some. My Mom put on 50lbs with me so maybe a part of this is genetic.Thankfully I don't look like I weigh 160lbs which leads me to ....

Dum Dum Dummmmm Bikini Time!

If you are a regular reader of my blog you already know the battles I've had with my changing physique and my absolute terror when it comes to baring my belly in a bikini. Somewhere along the way I just accepted my tummy and embraced it and began to love it. I've been constantly reassuring myself that once the baby is here I'll be able to bounce back no problem.

So how did the whole bikini thing go??? It was actually awesome! I am so glad I didn't waste money on a maternity swimsuit!!  We went into Cabo for a Vegas style pool party as a part of our vacation away. Obviously, being surrounded by tonnes of fit and beautiful people all partying and drinking up a storm made me feel a bit out of place. Any discomfort I was feeling was quickly squashed by the lovely comments I got from complete strangers. Of course my friends have been so kind and are always reassuring me that I "look great" but there is just something about a total stranger taking a moment to tell you something kind. I am so flattered that women expressed the desire to look like me when they got pregnant. I mean how sweet is that!? I'm so busy feeling like a blimp and others are thinking the exact opposite. Those feel good moments are exactly why I didn't have a meltdown when I stepped on the scale this morning. I may weigh 160lbs,  have a bit more junk in the trunk, my arms "have meat on them" (as my doctor pointed out), my thighs rub together when I walk and I certainly have some solid love handles going on but all that doesn't matter one bit. No one else sees my new bum dimples, they see my beautiful baby belly and the miraculous life that I'm carrying.

31 weeks in and I have completely, wholeheartedly embraced this change.


Next up: Traveling in Mexico while pregnant...

No comments:

Post a Comment