Thursday 17 April 2014

Week 38: Counting Down!

Quick Recap: Uber emotional. No weight gain. Grease monkey hair. Car seat installed.

Peanut's Progression: Doc estimates the baby is about 6.25lbs. Should be around 19-20 inches. Still just getting chubby and bigger each day.

The Emotional Rollercoaster

Oh! Hi there pregnancy hormones! I've missed you! NOT!!! On Monday, for absolutely NO reason, I could not contain my tears. Any remotely sad song, cry. Think about our baby, cry. Something good happens, cry. Something not so good happens, cry. Cry cry cry cry cry!

This whole week my emotions have been quite topsy turvy. Happy one moment and depressed the next. Thankfully the happy moments outweigh the sad ones.

Give Me My Old Clothes Back!

I just want to wear my old clothes again! I've been wearing the same 5 tank tops for the past 6 months and I am SO OVER IT! Leggings, while SO comfortable. OVER IT! Give me back my skinny jeans!!! Maternity clothes are some of the most comfortable items I've ever owned but I can't wait to go shopping in my own closet again! There are so many great dresses and tops and JEANS I want to wear again.

Obviously I know that it will take a bit more time after baby arrives for those clothes to fit again but it will be nice to be one step closer.

Just a Grease Monkey

I'm not sure if its a weather thing or a hormone thing but for the past week I can no longer go more than 1 day without washing my hair. I'm assuming that using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner is completely unnecessary since my body is secreting more oils than usual. I have really noticed in the past month or two the lack of shedding as well. I read early on that you don't lose hair while you are pregnant but it took a while for that to happen for me. Now, I quite literally do not lose any hair! Steve even commented that he's noticed it missing from his clothes.

Itchy and Numb

The worst thing ever when you are itchy is not being able to feel a scratch. The numbness probably started 2 weeks ago but I just started really noticing it this week. Back when I was 15 I had my appendix removed, after the surgery I was left with some minor spots of numbness on my stomach that eventually went away. Until now. Although this time around it has nothing to do with surgery and everything to do with this big round belly!

As your belly grows your spine curves more to offset your posture so that you don't fall over. This correction can sometimes pinch nerves and cause numbness. The area around my bellybutton is now completely numb and let me just tell you, when my skin gets itchy, there is nothing more frustrating than not being able to feel a nice scratch sensation to relieve that itch.

The Glider Fiasco

Finally our glider chair has arrived. The first one we ordered came very badly damaged so we sent it back. Sadly the colour combination is out of stock everywhere, even directly from the manufacturer. We settled on a light denim cushion and white wood. It's a bit more blue than I would have liked but at this point I am just happy to have something comfy to sit in for future feedings and cuddle times.

2 weeks left.... c'mon lil baby time to get out!

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading your blog--so funny! Anyway, sometimes ice will help with the itching on a numb area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reading my blog Becca!!! Always great to have a new reader :) And thanks for the tip on the ice! Thankfully baby has shifted downwards a bit and seems to have relieved some of the numbness.

    ReplyDelete