Friday 18 October 2013

So I peed on a stick... you know what that means!

I'm PREGNANT!!!

Steve and I are expecting our first bundle of joy late April ( I'm convinced its actually early May). When I started writing this post I was 9 1/2 weeks along and had only told close friends and family. Being in a career that is driven very strongly by social media I waited to post anything on any website until I passed the "safe zone" and had notified work.

In the short journey so far I'm realizing I am going to have A LOT to share and write about and I'm hoping to do it in a very REAL and humourous way.

So, let's be real, its my first baby and I am OBSESSED with my pregnancy apps. I check all 6 of them every single day, often, more than once. I know exactly what fruit our lil Peanut resembles although he/she is much more alien like than fruit like. At this point the tail is gone, thank god! But Peanut still has a massive head in comparison to its body, here's hoping that doesn't mean it also has a big ego (ugh bad joke, sorry).

Two of the things that have stuck out in my mind thus far is:

EXERCISE: pregnancy apps will tell you going to the gym will help battle your fatigue. LIES LIES LIES!!! I was very active prior to being pregnant and in the past couple of weeks I could sleep all day everyday. The days I do manage to get my ass out of pajamas and into workout clothes and then actually get to the gym I am more exhausted than ever! I am winded just looking at the gym, let alone actually getting a sweat on. My lungs attempt to leap from my chest after only 10 minutes on the stairmaster and because my blood flow has changed and blood pressure is really low, the day after my workout I have REALLY sore muscles.

OPINIONS: they really are like assholes, everyone has one. The best "advice" I've gotten comes from my good friend Lindsay who said "if I can give you one piece of advice, it would be not to listen to any negative advice". I've realized that dealing with women spewing unsolicited advice and opinions at you, often while you are completely sober and they are not, is your first training in patience before your baby comes. It is a true challenge for me to just nod my head and say "mhmm" "oh really" "interesting point" when in my head I'm really screaming "how about you stop being such a bag and drink your damn wine that I'm sure is extra delicious just because I can't have any!!! AHHHHHHH ".

I won't write an entry for every week leading to now but how about a lil recap.

Week 4: Shit. I'm late. Peed on a stick (at work of all places). Waited. Shit. There are two lines. Tell Steve. He falls to his knees, then goes into stunned silence. Happy stunned silence.

Week 5: Go to the doctor. Blood tests. Tell the parentals. Steve's mom cries, my parents don't (talk about disappointing ;) ). Acne, so much acne. Go to Vegas for my birthday. Rock a bikini bloated as all hell.

Week 6: Boobs hurt. Roomate asks "how do they hurt? Like you got punched in the boob?". Have a few panic attacks about having a baby. Tell a couple friends. Nausea, all day. Pretzels and Preggie Pops are my lifesaver!

Week 7: May as well be a teenager again the way this acne is going. And now there are strange bumps all over my back, YUP this is just awesome. No glow for me. Still nauseous, mostly just in the morning. Created a pillowcase for a body pillow = BEST SLEEP EVER.

Week 8: Love me some sweets! Don`t even mention chicken or fish. Nausea is better but shows up at random time for no reason. No bump yet. Dating Ultrasound!!! See lil Peanut and it`s beating heart! Hear it too! AMAZING.

Week 9: Don`t touch me, poor Steve can`t win this battle. Acne STILL! Won`t get better so I got bangs to cover it! No weight gain, no bump, minimal bloating. F*$% You vitamins! I take them and instantly want to hurl.

Week 10: 2nd doctors appointment. Due date adjusted to May 2. I was right. He says I have a good pelvis, thanks Mom! Acne and nausea still here, like inlaws that visit for too long. Working in the voice track room at work makes me almost pass out. Have gained 4 pounds.

Week 11: Acne is finally starting to clear! Exhausted. Dizzy, most of the time. 2 days being the grumpiest human on earth! Told my boss, mostly because I'm a terrible liar. Tiny bump starting to show. Minimal nausea.

Week 12: Finally starting to feel human again. More rested, better moods. Still lightheaded and dizzy, a lot. Haven't actually gained 4 pounds. Weight just goes up and down. Time to launch this blog!!!



2 comments:

  1. Omg you are hilarious!! Can't wait to read more.. Again sooo super super excited for you! And I promise not to share every single happy or horrible pregnancy and childbirth memories with you!! Like when I pooped on the bed giving birth to Caitlyn hahaha... Awww you will be such a good momma, love you lots.. And can't wait to meet lil peanut and spoil the heck out of him.. Yep, that's right.. Boy for you is my prediction thus far! ;)

    Sara xxoo

    ReplyDelete