Sunday 25 May 2014

My REAL Life With Baby

14 days late, 32 hours of labour (from the start of contractions) and an unplanned c-section later we finally welcomed a beautiful little girl into our family.

And then REAL life set in, and set in hard.

Here's the snapshot of what my actual life looks like on a daily basis now that our lil wiggles is here (and by the way, she is just as wiggly as we thought she would be)

Personal Hygiene

What is that again? I do manage to get a shower in everyday but that's about as far as it goes. On a daily basis I can be found walking around the house in my massive black granny panties with a huge ass pad strapped to them. Undies pulled up all the way to my belly button and covering a remarkable amount of real estate on my back side. I pair with that a sports bra and a tank top that is usually accessorized with wet spots on my boobs. I am sweaty the vast majority of the day and often forget to brush my teeth.

Sleep, Or Lack Thereof

How many times have you heard someone say "enjoy your sleep now" to a pregnant person or expecting couple. We heard that a lot and its obviously true but could you be any more vague? The real version of lack of sleep (at least for us) is the fact that from about 10pm - 3am she loves to feed and hates to settle down. There are nights where she cannot be settled down enough to actually sleep for more than 15 minutes. Steve and I essentially trade off when she can't be settled and eventually she tires herself out and will sleep. So yes, for a good portion of the night we are lucky to get 30 minutes of continuous sleep.

Buddha Belly

I never should have had high expectations for immediate weight loss after birth. Even after having an 8lb baby, all the fluid being drained and the placenta being removed I still only lost about 10lbs in the first week. We were in the hospital for 5 days after surgery, not because of me but because Ella wasn't getting enough food and was dropping too much weight.When we got home I got on the scale and found myself disappointed by the number. Numbers aside the shape and squishyness of my belly is probably the worst part. When we are driving and turn a corner or hit a bump my whole belly jiggles and wobbles. It's super lame and I cannot wait for it to tighten up. The reality of a post pregnancy belly isn't pretty. For me, I have multiple "rolls". From my lady bits to my incision is one lump of swelling, from incision to a couple inches below my belly button is another roll then from there up to my boobs is one big soft and squishy buddha belly. When I lay on my back it goes pretty flat (albeit still really soft) but as soon as I roll to a side it all falls to the side. I'm actually dealing with this no problem because I know its normal but I am dying to get my tight tummy back.

On the way...

I will be doing an entry regarding my induction, labour and delivery but my time to blog is few and far between. 







No comments:

Post a Comment