Thursday 5 December 2013

Week 19 - A New Big Girl Bra!

Quick Recap: Fastest week yet! Tired (mostly from working too much). Belly button now flat. Strongest kicks yet.

Peanut's Progression: 6 inches long. 9 ounces in weight. Starting to swallow amniotic fluid. Kidneys continue to make urine. Hair on the scalp is sprouting.  If it's a baby girl, she already has roughly six million eggs in her ovaries.

Holy Cleavage Batman!

For any male readers kindly sit on your hands while I discuss my new big girl boobies. Pre-pregnancy I was usually around a 32B depending on where I was in my cycle that bra could be tight or loose. Small lil ladies that fit my small frame. Now that the hormones are flying around like cottonwood in Spring I've graduated to a big girl's 36B (and there isn't much room left)! Never, did I think I could toss on an unpadded bra of that size and fill it out let alone have cleavage.

My favourite game is putting on a slightly too small bra and reveling in my new found cleavage. I mean those suckers touch without any effort on my part! 

Belly Button Obsession

It's not lost on me that this is weird but it's tame compared to some of the topics I've discussed. I am obsessed with touching my belly button. IT'S SO SOFT! Yep, I'm officially a total weirdo. But I just can't help it. My belly button has started to pop out (just at the very top) and the rest of it is flush with my belly. I was never a belly button fondler before but now that its all out in everyone's business its hard not too. And let's review the logic of the softness... the belly button has spent its whole life tucked away in darkness away from any stimulation. No rubbing fabric, no scratches or cuts. So naturally its like the softest skin EVER! The ironic part of all of this... I really dislike outies. Pregnancy is probably the only exception to that rule.

The Source of True Happiness

Every little kick, punch or wiggle is an instant smile on my face. Last week, perhaps because of the baby's position, I didn't feel as much movement. But the past 3 days the kicking and moving has really ramped up. The other night Steve and I tried something new. We used his stethoscope to listen to the baby's kicks. It was the neatest thing! You could hear all the tummy grumbles and then these little thumps. So fun! The kicks are pretty visible now too.

I've been trying to figure out my fundus height (how far up my uterus reaches) and after staring at my stomach move for quite a while we saw a strong kick right at my belly button. As per Baby Center, that is right where it should be!


Ultrasound next week!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment