Thursday 12 December 2013

Week 20 - Half Way!


Quick Recap: Officially half way through. LOTS of kicking. More mood swings. Skin continues to clear.

Peanut's Progression:
6.5 inches long. 10 ounces. Starting digestion. Covered in vernix to protect the skin.

Our Ultrasound

Easily the most amazing moment so far. Almost an hour of watching our baby move and wiggle. We won't get confirmation from our doctor until next week that everything looks as it should but as far as I'm concerned our baby is perfect!

Some of my favourite moments were:
- watching the heart pump and seeing the little arms flail around
- seeing the perfect outline of the feet. Just so cool to see these tiny feet with cute little toes!
- looking at the profile and seeing the baby practice sucking, swallowing bits of amniotic fluid.

We went to MedRay in Coquitlam and they were just excellent! Our tech, Victoria, was so lovely. Very kind and appreciative of how special the moment is for us. The clinic itself is clean and nicely modeled. Even the reception staff are very nice. They also provide a few photos for free :)

Mood Swings

I'd rather not re-live me losing my mind this week but I must admit I lost all control of my emotions. A completely out of character freak out. I won’t divulge the details but it involved some serious yelling and hysterical crying.  Hopefully I got it out of my system because in the days since that freak out I have been happy go lucky normal me!

We are now officially closer to the end than the beginning... so crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment