Thursday 20 March 2014

Week 34: Massive Pads and Granny Panties!

Quick Recap: Still hovering at 160lbs. Very achy pelvis. Swollen hands. Baby feeders leaking slightly.

Peanut's Progression: Hearing is fully developed. About 5 lbs. 18 inches. Gaining more fat to regulate body temperature. Central nervous system still developing but lungs are almost completely mature.

Packing the Hospital Bag

6 weeks out and we figured it was a good time to starting packing our hospital bag. The one issue I've come across is that many of the things I want to bring I will also use or wear in the next 6 weeks. So maybe the best idea is to make a list of the items not yet in the bag but that I want to take (and where they are so it's easier on everyone)

So far we have packed:

-change of clothes for Steve
-pillow for each of us
-nursing pj's
-diapers/wipes
-couple onesies
-camera with charger
-toiletries (chapstick, lotion, shampoo/conditioner, facecloth, pads, toothbrush/paste, brush)
-big black granny panties (soooo sexy!)

Still to add:

-slippers and robe
-change of clothes for me
-phone chargers/phone
-kobo
-water bottle
-snacks
-hot water bottle
-sweat pants and hoodie


Buying Big Ol Pads

It has been YEARS since I've even looked at buying pads but I know I'll need them post pregnancy so I may as well buy them now. It's been so long since I've bought them I actually googled what kind were best for post pregnancy. Found an interesting tidbit. While Always makes the nicest ones, thin and super absorbent they also have that mesh like covering which could potentially grab on to any stitches you have. Something I never would have thought of. I opted for the generic brand from Walmart, they were cheap at less than $5 for 32 pads. I also made sure to get pads with wings, for me it gives me more peace of mind that this massive stack of cotton on my crotch will stay in place.

While We're At It, Let's Get Granny Panties!!!

This advice comes straight from my friend who recently had her beautiful son and ended up with an emergency c-section.


DO NOT buy low cut briefs in an attempt to have cuter undies. If you do end up with a cesarean the top of the underwear could be too close to your incision for comfort. Do your post pregnant self a favour and buy full bottom hi waisted BLACK underwear. I'll never understand why they even make white underwear. I mean they never stay white for long and they certainly won't after pregnancy. At least with black ones even if you have a leak overnight or have excess bleeding it wont be so obvious. And besides its not like you'll be keeping these sexy undies around for use later on. Opt for comfort now and treat yourself to some sexy new ones later on.

One final note: Doctor finally referenced, for the first time, that my weight has been "just fine" HA! 34 weeks in, about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment