Friday 27 January 2012

Wild Rose Cleanse 1 Week Later....

Its been one week since I finished my very first cleanse, ever! The Wild Rose D-Tox. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanse. It was challenging but I definitely felt more energetic and healthier. I was concerned about the first week post cleanse because I've heard some horror stories about getting sick. The transition back may have been easier for me because I already eat fairly close to "cleanse friendly" anyways. I have added back dairy, whole wheat breads and mom's cookies :)

The first day post cleanse I binged a little. It was hard not to because I wasn't at home where I could better control my intake. Several glasses of wine, lasagna, garlic bread and salad, oh and you cant forget the iced cupcake... ugh! Surprisingly I didn't feel sick at all. Guilty though... definitely guilty. Once mom's cookies are gone I'll be continuing the diet quite closely. I will be adding back bananas and some other fruits I love like mango, pineapple and kiwi. And as stated before whole wheat breads/wraps and low fat dairy.

My parents ordered Olive Garden for dinner and never in my life has pasta been so unappealing! I hardly crave breads anymore, they are simply an easy vehicle for certain foods ie- sandwiches, breakfast wraps etc etc

----------------------------------------------

Its now Jan 27 and I'm really shocked at how my cravings are still at bay! Its like I have a whole new level of self control. I hardly want chocolate, rarely crave pasta or bread, dont really even want to drink anymore. This cleanse put such a positive spin back on my life! Anyone who needs a kick start should do this cleanse, and stick to it religiously. You will find self control your never knew you had!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all this. Im on the 4th day but I have cheated some - really needed the sugar and I miss milk and ceral. I like seeing what other people have eaten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most welcome! Glad you found it helpful. Once you get past the first few days the sugar cravings really do subside so try your best to avoid it. Best of luck!!

      Delete