Tuesday 3 January 2012

Wild Rose Cleanse Day 1 of 12

The month of December brought indulgence into my life to say the least. I enjoyed my holiday time to the fullest extent and am ready to get back on the health train. To kick start my new year I've decided to do the Wild Rose Cleanse. I chose this particular one because I know several people who have done it and YOU CAN EAT!

I tried to do a lot of research in terms of recipes and other experiences and didnt stumble upon very much. Its out there but well I just wasnt satisfied with it all. Over the next 12 days I am going to document my experience and in a short and quick read fashion. I'll cover grocery items and the cost, what I eat each day, how I am feeling both physically and mentally (dont worry I'll leave the laxative effect out of this), the results including inches and pounds. Any other interesting or unexpected results will also be included.

So lets get into it!

Starting Point:
133lbs  (i think)

Mood: Optimistic

Food Diary:
Breakfast: Smoothie made from frozen berries, unsweetend almond milk and ground flax
Snack: 2 Hardboiled eggs, sliced and sprinkled with dill and pepper
Snack: Celery and carrot sticks with hummus. Added a rice cake to dip in the hummus as well.
Dinner: Salmon with dill and lemon, brown rice and cauliflower roasted with garlic, shallots and lemon
Snack: Frozen raspberries

I purchased groceries for the week today. Cost was about $85 and included the following items:
  • Hummus
  • Apples
  • Avocados
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Frozen berries
  • Almond Milk (unsweetened)
  • Almonds
  • Halibut
  • Salmon
  • Lemons
  • Garlic
  • Shallots
  • Beets
  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumber
  • Rice Cakes
  • Natural Popcorn
Overall:
I'm happy with how the first day has gone. I was worried about the pills and drops but they honestly arent awful. I choose to put the drops in a shot glass and add a bit of water. I did notice a slight "spacey" feeling this morning after I took the pills. I havent had any food issues yet although the cookies from my mom are taunting me so they now live in the freezer. Towards the end of the night (about 9pm) I got a mild stomach ache. Nothing unmanageable though.

No comments:

Post a Comment